Friday, November 4, 2011

Grace Part IV: The Office

On to room 4 of the house. What is something I have seen in my work many, many times? Unopened mail! Credit card offers, grocery store inserts, magazine subscription reminders, car & health insurance, phone & electric bills, you name it and they send it! I highly recommend signing up for the do-not-send-junk-mail list, just as you would the do-not-call list. One site to check out would be ecocycle.org.  Another great tip is to utilize automatic online bill pay services. By paying most of your bills online, you will save paper and also save space in your home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sort consisted of many categories and piles. 2 large black trash bags full of mail to be shredded went out of the house and into the shredder. This cleared up much more space for the desk to be an efficient workstation again.

Photobucket   Photobucket

After sorting for 4.5 hours we whittled down the massive amounts of mail to small bins like this one. Everything has a home here in the office space and I'll be back next time to work on some more closets and shelves. Keep it comin!

1 comment:

  1. Melisa, You are SOOO AWESOME!!! For the first time in YEARS I'm Proud of Our Home! My friends are amazed when they visit and see how nice it looks! I don't feel frustrated and anxious about all the clutter! I don't have to worry about inviting friends over cuz "the place is a Mess" anymore!!! And it's so Easy to keep clean!!! My Husband and I are So Thankful for all your hard work! We're almost Done!!!! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! You have been a True Gift From Above!

    ReplyDelete